Sunday, April 14, 2013

Pres-Spring-Patrick

I have had some great times with amazing people since January...all include some fun holidays/breaks meaning,  Pres (President's Day)-Spring (Spring Break)-Patrick (St. Patrick's Day).

Matt and I were trying to decide what to do over President's Day weekend.  Our choices were: stay in Washington and get some house work done (not what I wanted to do), go camping with friends (sounded way better than house work!), or drive to MT to go ski and see family (always a fun time).  We chose the latter, but first we celebrated Valentine's Day.  Oddly enough, we never celebrate Valentine's Day and we both secretly got something for each other this year!!  Matt made dinner (my favorite, PIZZA) and brought me a variety pack of local dark chocolates.  They were amazing!!  I got Matt some chocolates and a very cool fly fishing shirt from Etsy.  We had a great time, but had to start packing since we made the decision to go to MT last minute.
My goal for this MT trip was to go brewery hopping, skiing, and go to the boiling river in Yellowstone.  I was so happy to cross all of those off our list!! 

Mom + I at Madison River Brewery

 The guys + I at Moonlight Basin, it was such a perfect day!!

Another brew with the family at Bozeman Brewing Co.

At the end of February, we had tickets to go to our first Cirque du Soleil, Amaluna.  It was such an amazing experience.  We will defiantly have to go see another show in the future!!

A fun night under the circus tent

March was a fun month, one of my best friends visited for the beginning of her Spring Break!  I picked Rachel up from Sea-Tac, and we had to find this restaurant for brunch - and boy did we have an adventure.  Let's just say we had to turn around and around a lot  ;) We also took her to Seattle and other small towns around the peninsula.  It was fun showing her around our area for the first time.

Rachel + I on our way to Seattle via the ferry

Also in March is of course ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!!  Meaning, Poulsbo Beer Run.  This year I ran with some new friends.  It was a great time and this 5k took us about 1.75 hours.  Not bad, huh?!  The run includes 4 beers, 4 miles, 3 breweries.  It's one of my favorite runs.

The girls at our second beer stop + the two creepers behind us!!

This April, Matt + I have finally went biking for the first time.  Made it to the horse camp at Green Mountain.  It was tough work, but I think cycling classes have helped me out so much!  

This was our first attempt, we got rained out as you can see...

Last but not least, it was National Sibling day on April 10th.  I posted this picture of my sister and brother on Facebook to show that I love them so much and would do anything for them.  I miss them so very much, and wish I could see them everyday.  Love you Heidi + Ben!!


Enjoy the week!!  Hope we get some good weather breaks after work  ;)

1 comment: