Monday, April 25, 2011

Papertrey April Blog Hop Challenge




It's been a while since I've posted, sorry about that!  I've been enjoying some time outside - biking and running!

Now onto the Blog Hop challenge - Boys to Men.  You were to create some sort of masculine project.  This was hard for me since I don't have a lot of masculine embellishments, but I do have the colors!  I made a birthday card (once again) with a sense of masculinity...


I used PTI Kraft paper, PTI Vintage Cream Ribbon, and PTI Birthday Wishes Stamp and cut out.  
2 blue buttons I found and the brown button is from Tim Holtz Accoutrements Buttons.
 Jillibean Soup Journaling Sprouts and Sugar pick.



Here is a close up of the focal point!


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope to have more bits coming soon...but I can't promise anything if the weather continues to be glorious!  Have a good day, and I can't wait to see the other blogs!

15 comments:

  1. Absolutely fantastic!!! The colors are perfect and I love the buttons and the twine tied on the pick is fabulous!!!! Awesome job my sweet girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card and color combo! Enjoy the the great weather, girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the colors and the simplicity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. can't go wrong with those colors! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colors. Love the buttons, sentiment circle, and die cut present all lined up like that. Super card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so simple yet a brilliant design love the pin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beth, I love this. The stick pin through the twine is great - the whole thing is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so cute Beth!! Great masculine color theme!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really cool! Love the CAS style, and those colors are awesome! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous, worthy of a scraplife for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a really fabulous layout with all the elements lined up in a row. I like the progression of the buttons up to the big sentiment and the sugar pick is just the right touch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Beth!

    What a pretty card you have made! I didn't make it throigh the entire Hop yesterday, because due to the time difference it was really bedtime, ha ha! How lovely you also used these gifts for your card! Love how you made this! The layout is just very pretty and love the colors! Great card!

    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a nice guy card Beth, I love the colors you chose .

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it! The colors are wonderful, and your choice of the buttons, twine, the gift and the circle piece for the sentiment are all just perfect.

    ReplyDelete